Here are 10 important guidelines for your kitchen design project.
1. For efficiency, the work triangle (the space between the sink, refrigerator, and stove) should measure 26 or less with no single side longer than 9, or less than 4.
2. In kitchens smaller than 150 sq. ft., opt for at least 13 of base cabinets, 12 of wall cabinets, and 11 of countertop. In kitchens which are larger, go with at least 16 of base cabinets, 15 1/2 of wall cabinets, and 16 1/2 of countertop.
3. For convenience, plan work aisles to be at least 42 wide for one cook, and at least 48 wide in multi-cook kitchens.
4. Specify a minimum of 24 of counter space on one side of the sink and at least 18 on the other.
5. To create the most accessible landing for unloading groceries, allow at least 15 of counter space on the handle side of a standard refrigerator; on both sides if its a side-by-side model. Or include a landing area directly across from the refrigerator, but no more than 48 away.
6. For cleanup ease, install the dishwasher within 36 of one edge of the sink and allow for at least 21 of standing room next to it.
7. For microwaves and ovens, provide at least 15 of counter space nearby, at least 16 deep.
8. For optimum clearance, no entry, appliance, or cabinet doors should interfere with another.
9. For comfort and to help avoid repetitive-motion injury, plan for work counters of different heights; between 28 and 36 off the floor (easier for chopping and seated-use access), and between 36 and 46 for general tasks (higher counters accommodate taller cooks).
10. To install a cabinet unit above the cook top, make sure the clearance is at least 24 for a fireproof surface, 30 for an unprotected surface.
Designing a kitchen is as much a science as it is an art. Knowing the recommended measurements to use when planning the project can make all the difference in the final outcome.
Cookware purveyor Mario Fiorucci walks you through the enameled cast iron Le Creuset cookware. This high quality cookware is the benchmark for enameled cast …
Video Rating: 4 / 5
This is a cookware review of Paula Deen Signature Nonstick 15-Piece Porcelain Cookware Set. Enjoy!
- Set Includes: 1qt.cov. Saucepan, 2 qt. cov. Saucepan, 6 qt. cov. Stockpot, 2.75 qt. cov. Saute, 8″ Skillet, 10″ Skillet, 5 Piece Measuring Spoon Set
- Colorful speckled porcelain exterior will enhance every kitchen from contemporary to traditional. This attractive exterior is durable, stain resistant and a breeze to clean.
- Heavy gauge construction heats up quickly and evenly. Durable DuPont Teflon® Select nonstick interiors provide easy cleaning and long-lasting food release.
- Color coordinated, dual riveted, soft-touch handles are designed to provide a comfortable, secure grip. Stylish copper plated rings are attached for hanging convenience. Oven safe to 350°F.
- Tempered glass lids lock in flavors and let you watch your food cook without lifting he lid. Copper plated knobs add a punch of color and sophistication to spice up your kitchen.
“Poring through antique shops with my Aunt Peggy is one of my most cherished memories. This line was inspired by the many treasures she and I found on our adventures. My wish is that they are as fun to collect for you as they were for me.” Best Dishes! – Paula Deen Read the full review here…
List Price: $ 119.99
Price: $ 81.99
What do you think about cookware? Feel free to leave your opinion below.