* Kosher salt
* Ground black pepper
* 6 dry lasagna noodles
* Extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 cloves garlic, minced
* 5 ounce frozen spinach, thawed
* ½ pound cottage cheese
* 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
* 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
* ½ pound mozzarella, shredded
* Finely grated zest of ½ a lemon
* ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
* Pinch of cayenne
* ½ large egg, beaten
* 2 cups tomato sauce, recipe follows
1. Preheat the oven to 175° C.
2. Put water and salt it generously in a large pot and bring to a boil over a high flame.
3. Add in the lasagna noodles and boil, stirring occasionally until just al dente. Drain the lasagna and set it aside.
4. In another pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over a medium flame until the garlic begins to go brown and soft.
5. Add in the spinach, salt and pepper and keep stirring till the spinach dries out and the garlic is fragrant. Cool and keep aside for later in the lasagna recipe.
6. Mix together the cottage cheese, goat cheese, Parmesan, half the mozzarella cheese, lemon zest, nutmeg, cayenne and cooled spinach in a bowl. Season it with salt and pepper, to taste. And quickly stir in the egg, mixing it all very well.
7. Cover the bottom of a lasagna baking dish with a thin and even layer of tomato sauce. Cover with 2 of the lasagna noodles placed side-to-side. Add a ¼ of the cheese mixture and some more of the tomato sauce. Add a little salt and pepper according to taste.
8. Repeat the procedure to make 2 more layers. Cover the lasagna layers with remaining noodles and put the remaining cheese mixture on top. Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce, then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
9. Bake the lasagna recipe, uncovered, until the lasagna is hot and bubbly for around 40 minutes.
10. Keep the lasagna aside for around 12 minutes before serving.
Tomato Sauce With Basil:
* Extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 large cloves garlic, smashed
* 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, with juices
* ½ teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
* Ground black pepper to taste
1. To make the perfect lasagna, one needs the perfect lasagna sauce. Put the olive oil and garlic in a pan and fry until fragrant.
2. Add in the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Break up the tomatoes into small chunks with a wooden spoon and boil over a high flame. Lower the flame to a simmer and cook until thickened for around 30 minutes.
4. Tear basil leaves into small pieces and stir it in to the lasagna sauce once you take it off the flame.
5. Your lasagna sauce is ready!
Recipe on Amazon:
Your cooking tips, all in one place. Fully embossed cover, 3 ribbon place markers and double expandable inner pocket. Informative …
Korean food is one of the most mysterious and interesting types of the cuisine. The Korean cuisine as Japanese and Chinese has a l…
Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook. My name is Clark Weber. I am a Chef in New York. These are the Slow Cooker recipes that I like most….