If picky eating were an Olympic sport, would your child be the gold medal winner?
If so, you’re not alone. Many parents find that their children consistently place first in the “you can’t make me eat that” category and excel at pushing food around their plate.
How can you turn mealtime into a family-friendly hour as opposed to an all-out war? Here are some suggestions:
* Be patient. Don’t try to force your children to eat if they refuse to finish their meal. By creating drama in the kitchen, you set a bad tone for the future. Kids will automatically think of mealtime as a negative experience and will only become more reluctant when it comes to eating.
Be persistent by offering a variety of foods along with those you know they like. As new foods become familiar, your children will be more likely to try them.
* Remember, timing is everything. In the midst of a dinnertime showdown, children don’t want to hear all of the reasons why they should eat the food sitting on their plate. Try to incorporate nutrition education during other parts of the day.
Bring up the issue during story time, play time or television time – not in the middle of a temper tantrum over broccoli.
* Look for “fun” foods. Scan the supermarket for foods that you know kids would enjoy. Want to get your kids to try seafood? Products like Gorton’s Popcorn Fish, bite-size fish coated in a crispy batter, appeal to children because of their fun shape and kid-friendly taste.
Serving fish in this manner early on will encourage your children to keep an open mind about eating different kinds of seafood in the future.
* Set an example. While the focus may be on getting your kids to eat what is on their plate, it helps to look at your own eating habits as well. Children learn by example and often want to eat what they see grown-ups eating.
Make a point to let them see you eating and enjoying the same foods you are serving them.
Go to http://www.healthyeatingstartshere.com/planning/healthy-cookware for the full article. Healthy cookware is a really important part of healthy cooking. …
Video Rating: 4 / 5
This is a cookware review of Lodge L5HS3 5-Piece Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Cookware Set. I hope you find it helpful…
- Set includes: 10.5-inch round griddle, 8-inch skillet, 10.25-inch skillet, 5-Qt. Dutch oven and 10.25-inch iron cover
- Pre-Seasoned and ready-to-use
- Superior heat retention and even cooking
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills, campfires and oven safe
- Made in the USA
The Lodge Cast Iron 5-piece set features the most needed cast iron cookware pieces for your kitchen. Cast iron is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes and all your favorite foods. Cast iron loves a campfire, a stovetop, or an oven, and can slow-cook foods without scorching. It retains heat well so you can sear meat at higher temperatures and will keep your delicious meals warm for a long time. Whether used in a kitchen or camp, theses virtually indestructible Click toRead the rest of the review here…
List Price: $ 150.00
Price: $ 82.41
What is your opinion of cookware? Feel free to leave a comment below.