You have probably seen gourmet cookware advertised that is endorsed by celebrities but this does not automatically mean that if the set you are interested in does not carry such an endorsement that it is somehow not as good. In order for you to know that the cookware you choose will give you many years of good and trustworthy service you should take into account the following points of interest:
* Look for the essential basics, like you will find in a 12 or 14 piece cookware set. Different sizes of saucepans, skillets and a sauté pan, along with a stockpot should be included in the gourmet cookware sets you are considering. For example, the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Hard-Anodized 12-Piece Cookware Set contains a 1, 2 and 3 quart covered saucepan, along with an 8-quart stockpot, 8 and 10-inch skillet, along with a 12-inch covered sauté pan, which are frequently-used pieces.
* Search for strong and durable construction, along with non-stick surfaces for better-tasting food and easier clean-up. Heavy-gauge, hard-anodized aluminum cookware is known for its exceptional heat distribution and retention properties, besides strong durability. Break-resistant glass lids allow you to look at cooking progress without letting heat out. Those like the Kitchenaid Cookware Sets, will offer these properties. This set also includes riveted stainless steel handles with stay-cool silicone grips can keep you from getting burned from loose screws and hot handles.
* Excellent value in pricing is another thing you should look for, when searching for a gourmet cookware set. You don’t need to pay several hundred dollars for superior quality, because it can be found for less than $ 300, when searching through the choices of heavy-gauge, hard-anodized aluminum sets. Our example of the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Hard-Anodized 12-Piece Cookware Set can be found around $ 250, which is what you would expect to pay for gourmet cookware sets that offer the best value, assuming they have the other qualities we have mentioned.
* An important thing you should look for is the oven-safe temperature which should be 400º. There will be times when you will need to sear a steak or set the oven higher for baking purposes.
* You should be able to find a hassle-free replacement warranty, for a year. If you are going to have any defects in craftsmanship, it will probably surface during the first year of normal use and most of the reputable manufacturers will have no problem standing behind their product this long.
* Obviously the look of the cookware will be important to you and so you should look for a set that will look great on the table. Try to find a set that will retain its good looks after lots of use over the years. The KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Hard-Anodized 12-Piece Cookware Set has a gray-matte finish that looks great many years later. Although you will be able to find more colorful baked enamel finishes on some cookware that look great consider if they will still look as great after years of use.
If you purchase your cookware set from a reliable and reputable source it will not disappoint, provided the abovementioned points are kept in mind.
Most popular Cookware Amazon products:
Enjoy reliable cooking performance with T-fal Ultimate hard-anodized nonstick cookware. Its innovative Thermo-Spot heat indicator …
The kitchens of France were the inspiration behind the elegant Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized Cookware collectio…
Enhance the cooking experience with the durable, artisan-styled pots and pans in the Rachael Ray Cucina Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12-…