You own a great home cookware set and you want to see the difference it makes to your cooking by asking your friends over for dinner. Your friends thank you for the meal and the great time you spent with them. As soon as they start leaving, you are faced with the problem of cleaning your great and expensive home cookware set.
Well, it might not even be aluminum. It could be cast-iron, clay and enamel or copper. Whatever your home cookware set is made of, you need to know a few tips about general cleaning of home cookware.
1. If you wish to take care of home cookware, you can start with reading the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. You need to wash all pots and pans thoroughly inside and out after using them.
3. It might be necessary to wash pots and pans with soapsuds after cooking baked-on food. Just make sure to dry the pans well after washing them over a warm burner. You should also rub vegetable oil into the pan using paper towel.
4. Keep gas flames low while cooking to prevent heat stains from licking the outside of your pans.
5. Do not expose cookware to sudden temperature changes. Before you wash or soak, allow cookware to cool first.
For an aluminum cookware set, you need to watch out for discoloration. To protect aluminum cookware from discoloration, do not wash it in a dishwasher or let it soak in soapy water for long periods of time. If there are already signs of interior discoloration, fill the pan with water, add 1 tablespoon cream of tartar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice per quart of water, and simmer until the discoloration is gone. Complete the process by wiping the pan with steel-wool soap pad. Make sure to wear rubber gloves.
For cast-iron cookware, wash them with hot sudsy water and then dry thoroughly. Make sure you store in a dry cupboard without its lid in place. Do not wash cast-iron cookware in the dishwasher, it will remove the seasoning on the cookware and cause rust.
Clay cookware need to be soaked in water for about half an hour before using it for the first time. Soak the top and the bottom and then scrub well with a stiff brush to remove clay dust. Never put hot clay cookware on a cold surface, it could crack.
Make sure that you use synthetic and not steel cleansers to scrub stubborn oil. Enamelware can be washed safely in the dishwasher. Rapid changes in temperature will cause the enamel coating to crack. Let enamel cookware cool before washing, at all times.
Some recent Cookware sales on Amazon:
T-fal A777SI64 Initiatives Nonstick Inside and Out Dishwasher Safe 18-Piece Cookware Set, Red, This set includes 3-qt. Saucepan, 1…
GOTHAM STEEL 10-Piece Kitchen and Cookware Set About the Product Gotham Steel is the first product of its class to actually utiliz…
What’s in Box: 10 Piece Cookware set includes: Covered Dutch oven 5-Quart, covered casserole 3 Quart, covered sauce pan 1 Quart, c…