Italians are known for their delicious cuisine and this biscotti recipe is a great example! Make the yummy dish in your own home and enjoy the great dessert!
* 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
* ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
* Grated zest of ½ orange
* 1 large egg
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
* ½ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon baking powder
* Pinch of salt
* ½ tablespoon aniseed
* ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted
* ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted
1. Your biscotti recipe needs to be baked just right to be perfect. To make sure of that place your baking rack in the centre of oven and preheat the oven to 180° C.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix the butter, sugar, and orange zest in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, gradually and one by one until thoroughly mixed. You can even use a blender for this part of the recipe if required.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and aniseed till it’s completely mixed. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture or your biscotti recipe won’t taste that great.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture with butter and beat in the processor until the ingredients are a little combined.
6. Add in the pistachios and hazelnuts and beat again everything is well mixed.
7. Flour you’re a clean work surface, slightly and put the dough to it.
8. Roll the dough into a log 6 inches long and slightly press down on it to flatten the top. For your biscotti recipe to be traditionally long, this is an important step.
9. Bake the recipe for about 45 minutes. The biscotti should feel firm and done when you press the top. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for a while on the baking sheet itself. Do not turn off the oven.
10. Using a knife, cut the biscotti recipe diagonally into ½ inch slices.
11. Overturn and place the slices back on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven. The biscotti recipe will turn crisp up as it cools.
13. You can store and enjoy your homemade biscotti recipe for up to two weeks after you make them! Make the most of it and gorge!
Most popular Recipe Amazon products:
Easy Recipes in 5 or Less Ingredients!Are you tired of complicated recipes with hard-to-find ingredients? Are you looking for deli…
This 3 ring binder allows you to create your own cookbook from all your recipes. You order the Recipe Pages separately based on yo…
30 Minute MealsQuick and Easy Recipes You Will LoveAre you tired of slaving away in the kitchen FOR HOURS everytime you fix a meal…