For many years, Cabbage Soup Diet recipe has always been around. But how does it work? How effective do you think it is? Will you really lose weight when you take it daily?
Getting to Know Cabbage Soup Diet
If you are looking for a low-fat, high-fiber diet that will get you in shape as soon as possible, then you’ve got to try Cabbage Soup Diet. The best thing about this plan is that you can lose about 10-15 pounds for only 7 days.
The original recipe consists of cabbage, celery, peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Some would add onion soup mix in order to have more flavors. However, eating this soup for 7 days straight might be nauseous. That’s why some would put in more spices and make it palatable.
A dietitian from Memphis Veterans Medical Center, Millicent Lasslo-Meeks, said that there is really no magic in the combination of food. But there are certain food combinations that can speed metabolism. It is therefore implied that the mix of foods in Cabbage Soup Diet would somehow burn fat.
Another clinical dietitian, Alison Trowbridge, said that this diet may drop a few pounds but it can result to loss of your lean muscle, which will hamper your body’s capacity to burn calories. To solve this, she said that exercising while following this diet is very crucial.
What does Cabbage Soup Diet Offer?
The original purpose of Cabbage Soup Diet is to offer a fast option to weight loss. After you achieve your ideal weight, you are now ready to enter into a healthier eating habit and limit your portions later on. It’s a good way to jump start your weight loss effort.
Another advantage is that this diet will last only for 7 days. Experts say that healthy people will not be harmed with limited food intake in such as short period of time. In fact, it may even discipline them to add more vegetables in their daily diet.
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
Those who have tried the soup in this recipe can say that it isn’t that bad. Here is a simple recipe for you to follow.
– ½ or whole cabbage head
– 1-6 green onions (scallions)
– 16-28 ounces of crushed, canned, or whole fresh tomatoes
– 2 bell peppers (green)
– 1 stalk up to 1 bunch celery
– 1-2 packages of Onion Soup mix
– Black pepper to suit your taste
– Herbs to suit your taste
– 6 carrots (optional)
– 16 ounces of green beans (optional)
– Small can of V-8 juice (optional)
1. Slice the vegetables and then place it in a huge pot covered with water. Add the soup mix. Then boil gently for about 10 minutes, cover it while lowering the heat to simmer until the vegetables are soft.
2. Next, add pepper (or whatever herbs you may prefer). You may even put a dash of fresh herbs (such as basil or cilantro) at serving time. This will make around 6 quarts.
3. Since this soup will last you several days, you may want to put in additional water when the liquid starts to get low. A chicken or beef bouillon may be added too.
Some recent Recipe sales on Amazon:
Assuming that you have already done your research on this topic, you have most likely stumbled upon different pieces of evidence t…
Nature’s Recipe Adult Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe is a premium dog food that can help maintain lean muscle mass with protein-rich la…
Pocket page recipe book lets you organize and store your most widely used recipes. Measuring approximately 9-Inch wide x 9.5-Inch …
From Our Families to Yours…We’ve put together 35 of our most amazing family favorites for you!Let me tell you a secret about mak…