“Melkkos” is one of my favourite dishes ever. I do honestly not know what it is called in English, but if I had to translate it, it would be something like milk food.
It is a dish with its main ingredient being milk, to which you add some flour and butter.
It is a great traditional dish that can be enjoyed all year round. Try it in the winter, it warms you up from the inside! Nothing tastes nicer than a bowl of melkkos, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on the top.
What can be nicer, I ask you all! If you have never tried it, I would say it is time.
1 cup of flour
1 1/2 tablespoons of hard butter
A pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups of milk
1. Rub the butter in with the flour, using your fingers. Add the salt and mix some more.
2. Bring the milk to the boil on the stove and add the butter and flour mixture a little bit at a time.
3. Turn the heat right down and let it boil for about 5 minutes. Make sure you stir the mixture often.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the top and enjoy it warm!
You will not be disappointed with this recipe. Try and enjoy. Believe me, you will.
This is a cookware review of Sunbeam 91504.07 Armington 7-Piece Cookware Set, Teal. It’s our pleasure to present this.
- 1.5qt Sauce Pan with Lid 2qt Sauce Pan with Lid 4.5qt Dutch Oven with Lid 9.5in Fry pan
- Carbon Steel
- Not Oven Safe
- Non-Stick Surface
- Bakelite handle
The ARMINGTON 7 piece carbon steel cookware set in Teal features a tapered shape and heat-resistant Bakelite handles. The Easy COOK non-stick interior allows for healthier cooking and easy clean up. Read the full review here…
List Price: $ 20.19
Price: $ 24.31
What do you think about Sunbeam 91504.07 Armington 7-Piece Cookware Set, Teal? We would like you to leave a comment below.