To the many people have never heard of, or tasted the jambalaya before, this is a very savory local cuisine that is known to have originated from Louisiana in the United States. It is a simple and very delicious rice dish that has three popular variations:
* The Cajun Jambalaya,
* The Creole Jambalaya, and
* The white Jambalaya
To prepare of the best jambalaya recipe, here is a traditional Creole Jambalaya recipe that is bound to tickle the taste buds.
* 2 and ½ cups of rice, long grain ones will do
* About 142grams of chicken, cut them into about 2.5cmsq. cubes
* About 85grams of pork ribs, cut them same size as chicken. Smoked pork doesn’t work!
* About 142grams of ham cubes
* About 170grams of Andouille sausage, recommended but substitutions will do if unavailable in local market
* About 343grams of raw-shelled shrimps
* A 0.35l of hand crushed tomatoes, a must!
* 1 and ½ cups of finely chopped onions
* 1 cup of finely chopped celery
* 1/2 cup of finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1 cup of finely chopped green bell pepper
* 2 cups of chicken stock
* 6 cloves of crushed or pressed garlic
* Clam or vegetable juice, as needed – No water!
* ½ tablespoon each of white, red and black peppers
* 1 tablespoon of pale dry sherry, if desired
* ¼ teaspoon of finger-crushed saffron
* ¼ teaspoon of monosodium glutamate
* 1 and ½ teaspoons of Hungarian HOT paprika
* ¼ teaspoon of thyme
* 1 small bay leave
* 3 tablespoon of Spanish olive oil, a must!
1. Heat the olive oil in the Cast Iron Pot or a Dutch oven
2. Add the peppers, onion, garlic and celery and stir, cook on high flames until ingredients are translucent
3. Add the chicken and pork and keep stirring until the turn white
4. Add the Ham and sausage and stir for about 3minutes
5. Add the tomatoes and stir for 5minutes
6. Lower the heat to medium and add the chicken stock and stir
7. With same heat, add all the other seasonings except the sherry in any order and stir. Allow to cook to about 20minutes.
8. Add the rice, cover the pot and cook for about 30minutes
9. Add the shrimp and the sherry
10. If needed or if the rice is not well cooked, add the Vegetable or Clam juice and stir it thoroughly. Allow to cook for another 5 to 10minutes
11. Turn off the heat and let it simmer and serve
This can serve about 8 people so, invite your friends and show off one of the best jambalaya recipe.
Recipe Amazon products you should keep an eye on:
No chemical preservatives added to the health of the mask, natural pulp with a smooth texture, compared with the synthetic pulp th…
Keep your recipes neat and organized with tabbed dividers. White 4″ x 6″ cards with black print. Catagory headings are: Appetizers…
Forget about ‘boring salads’ forever: Discover How To Make Healthy And Amazingly Delicious Salads For Weight Loss Using Only Easy-…
Organize and store your recipes with the My Recipe Starter Kit, which includes a set of 8-tab Pocket Dividers, 5 two-pocket recipe…