Ingredients For The Chicken Recipe:
* 2 boneless chicken breast, halved and skin removed
* Salt to taste
* Pepper to taste
* 1 egg, beaten
* ½ cup milk
* 2 slices cooked ham, cut in half
* 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
* 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* ¾ cup fine dry bread crumbs
* Vegetable oil
Ingredients For The Mushroom Sauce Recipe:
* 1 tablespoon butter
* ¼ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
* 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* ¼ cup heated milk
* ¼ cup chicken broth
* White pepper
Directions For Chicken Recipe:
1. Place each piece of chicken between two sheets of wax paper and gently pound with a rolling pin to flatten for the recipe.
2. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the egg with 1 cup milk and dip chicken pieces in mixture for the recipe.
4. Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese each, in the middle of each flattened piece of chicken.
5. Lightly brush the top of cheese slices with the milk and egg mixture.
6. Fold ends over the ham and cheese; rolling up and starting with the long side.
7. Keep the recipe secure with toothpicks.
8. Dip the chicken in the flour and then in the remaining milk mixture. Roll the reciepe in bread crumbs to coat it well.
9. Place chicken recipe on a plate and refrigerate, covered for around 2 hours.
10. Heat ½ inch of vegetable oil in a large, heavy pan over a medium flame. Fry the chicken rolls for around 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown.
11. Drain the recipe well and serve with mushroom sauce.
Directions For Mushroom Sauce Recipe:
1. To make the best mushroom sauce recipe, melt the butter in a pan over a medium flame
2. Sauté the mushrooms very well, until browned.
3. Add the flour and keep stirring until recipe is mixed thoroughly.
4. Your mushrooms sauce recipe is almost done. Slowly add in the hot milk and chicken broth, constantly stirring the mixture while doing so.
5. Cook over a medium flame, still stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
6. Bring the heat down, reducing the sauce to a simmer. Make sure you’re still stirring over a very low flame to ensure the recipe doesn’t stick or burn.
7. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
8. Your mushroom sauce recipe is ready!
Make classic chicken cordon bleu following this recipe from Chef Blake. It’s easy to make and delicious to eat. Use ham, Swiss cheese, and Panko bread crumbs and cook on the stove top in a frying pan.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Video Transcript:
Hello, welcome back to Rada’s Test Kitchen. My name is Blake Landeau and today we’re going to be making Chicken Cordon Bleu. We’re going to be using the chicken breast we broke down in our previous video. We’re going to stuff them with some ham, some aged Swiss cheese, drudge them in flour and egg wash, bread them in Panko bread crumbs and then we’ll fry them.
So we have the chicken breast with the skin on it. That’s optional, you don’t have to have the skin. Easily comes off. Just trimming it up with the Rada Paring Knife. You can save the skin. So we have this really nice breast here. Either side, it doesn’t matter, but I like to go in on this side. Insert your blade and just kind of slice yourself a pocket into the breast. You want to know and understand where your blade is going. The hole will be as wide as your knife. The hole on the inside will be a big enough pouch you can stuff it full of ham and Swiss and make it worth cutting into.
I’ll do the second one here and I’ll keep the skin on this one. I’ll go in, cut up a little bit. Feel my blade going down here and come back up just like so. My blade came down and around. Now we’re going to take a piece of Swiss cheese, cut it however you’d like, we’ve got some ham. Trim it to make it so it fits in there easily. Double it up with the cheese. That’s the best part. Force it into place. You can kind of see where it is from here to here. We have some spots where it’s not in.
Now that we’ve got them stuffed, sometimes you can take a skewer and close it, but the key is to keep that small hole. Take the breast, stick it in a seasoned flour. Get it nice and good. Put it in some egg, fully whisked, completely incorporated. A whole egg. I’m using Panko bread crumbs here. It’s important that you really press it on there. Get those wet spots to adhere to the bread crumbs. There’s one portion. This is the skinless one. The purpose of the flour is to dry off the chicken breast so the egg can stick to it. The purpose of the egg is the glue for the Panko bread crumbs. The proteins in the egg bind everything to it.
We’re going to put this in the oil, at 350 degrees. Try not to spill it everywhere.
We have our fried chicken cordon bleus here. Like I said earlier, it was about 350 degrees in the fryer oil. It wouldn’t hurt to go down to 325, it won’t darken as much. You can then stick in the microwave to get the cheese melted nice. Otherwise, just slice and serve. Thanks for watching. See you next time.
End of Video Transcript.
Rada Mfg. Co. has been manufacturing Rada Cutlery fundraising products and helping non-profit groups fundraise since 1948 — last year working with over 19,000 churches, schools, teams and clubs.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe | RadaCutlery.com
Most popular recipe Amazon products:
Use this stylish journal to record the tastiest creations from your own kitchen.Convenient write-in contents pages for each catego…
Meadowsweet Kitchens Vintage Flowers Recipe Cards are 4″ x 6″ and have lines on the back; 25 per pack; will fit in most recipe car…
Chinese food is very famous all over the world. Do you want to try the authentic Chinese cuisine at home? As a native Chinese cook…
Here are the best-loved slow cooker recipes all in one place. These are the champs. These are the ones that surprise youbecause …