As outdoor cooking equipment goes you simply can’t go wrong buying and using cast iron cookware for cooking outdoors. Indeed its fair to say that cast Iron Cookware is the ideal cookware for all outdoor cooks. Why?
1. By comparative standards they are not expensive and when measured over their lifetime they are incredibly cheap;if well cared for they will outlive your kids kids;
2. Cast iron cookware is a superb cooking medium to cook with outdoors. With its ideal heat conduction as well as heat retention and its lack of hot spots its an outside cooks dream tool;
3. Cast iron cookware can be used to cook nearly all types of food;
4. Cast iron. cookware is really healthy to cook with! Why is this? Because you cook fat free! A well seasoned skillet/pan is ‘stick-free’ it requires no oil for cooking. [Note: Seasoning is the filling of the holes & cavities in the pan with grease in an oven. The grease becomes gets cooked so giving a smooth surface on the inside & outside of the skillet or pan;
5. In cast iron cookware your food slides easily & freely in the pan.
6. Cast iron cookware can be freely and interchangeably used on the grill and in the oven; they are the ideal multi purpose tool;
7. Your cast iron cookware is almost bomb proof and it certainly won’t warp; and
8. Cast iron skillets & pans are a dream to clean.
At The Outdoor Cooking Store we recommend that every outdoor chef should own a set of cast iron pans and at least one skillet. Without a doubt they’re well worth the money; especially as you’ll be passing them on to your kids as an inheritance.
In the following points we outline some best practice guidelines to help you make best use of your cast iron cookware.
1. If you find that food sticks when cooking with cast iron cookware the cookware hasn’t been seasoned properly. Therefor you need to re-season it; this will stop the food sticking.
2. What size of cast iron skillet is best? The majority in our store go for the 10″ skillet; albeit when cooking for larger groups a larger version will be needed.
3. Never use your cast iron pot for simply boiling water.
4. Cast iron cookware performs great as a Dutch Oven, which is an ancient form of cooking, because of the cookware’s even spread heat which is devoid of hot spots.
5. You can use your dutch oven first on the stove then it can go straight into the oven, such is its versatility.
6. Always preheat cast iron pan or skillet before starting cooking. You’ve got the temperature right when drips of water sizzle then jump around; Note: its too hot if the water turns to steam straight away and too cold if the water just bubbles.
7. Avoid ever pouring cold water into hot cast iron cookware as it may shatter.
8. Keep a good pair of oven gloves handy, cast iron stove ware handles get really hot;
9. Make sure that your cast iron cookware remains properly seasoned as then it cleans up really well.
10. To clean your cast iron cookware:
* after cooling use normal dish washing liquid, rinse & dry with paper towels;
* don’t listen to those that say just wipe it out; this is not hygienic;
* avoid using the dishwasher to clean your cast-iron cookware;
* when its washed put the pan back onto the hot stove so as to completely dry it out. Then before its cooled, oil it, with a vegetable oil, inside the pan; then leave it on the stove for a minute or two; then wipe away any excess oil with a paper towel before putting it away;
* after throughly drying your cast iron cookware you should never store it with its lid on; so as to avoid moisture build up inside that can result in rust! To help avoid this it can help to put a paper towel inside the pan or skillet to absorb moisture; and
* if rust does appear, don’t worry just clean with steel wool, wash and re-season.
Thats it, no more, no less, heed our guidelines and you will enjoy perfect cookware over a lifetime.
Enjoy your cast iron cookware for a lifetime.
* Another video to inspire you in the kitchen when cooking great recipes and great food.
food idea ideas recipe recipes cooking recipes recipe idea kendrick lamar the recipe food network all recipes chicken recipes pancake recipe foodnetwork cooking games thomas cook epicurious healthy recipes healthy chef cuisinier ricardo
cast iron cooking for dummies
Most popular Cookware Amazon products:
GONE ARE THE DAYS OF BULKY, DISORGANIZED, & BURDENSOME CAMPING COOKWARE & MESS KITS! GET YOUR CAMPING BACKPACK READY! THE BEST OUT…
Never lose a lid again! Easy Find Lids snap to the bottom of containers so the right lid is always at your fingertips. With a squa…
This Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set includes all the utensils you need for your everyday kitchen tasks; one (1) o…