Whenever it’s time to purchase new pots and pans for the home, you should definitely consider stainless steel cookware. It offers plenty of durability and longevity to last a lifetime, especially if you make the right choice. There are several options out there, but one of our favorites is the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Stainless-Steel Cookware Set. However, before you make a purchase we recommend looking over all the considerations you should think of first:
* Search for those gourmet cookware sets that feature an aluminum base, fully-encapsulated by stainless steel because you still get the attractive look of stainless steel, but you get fast, even heat distribution. This means you will turn out food that is more evenly cooked, without the worry of sticking. Brushed stainless steel offers long-lasting beauty that doesn’t show fingerprints as bad as regular stainless steel. A good example to look at is the Kitchenaid Cookware Sets, because it also features non-stick surfaces on the skillets, which eliminates the characteristic sticking that some people dislike about stainless steel cookware sets.
* Search for cookware sets that contain the essential kitchen basics, which you will normally find in the 14-piece cookware sets. As an example, the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Stainless-Steel Cookware Set contains lidded-saucepans in 1 ½, 2 and 3 quart sizes, besides the 8-quart stockpot, the 8 and 10-inch skillets, the 3-quart lidded sauté pan and the 11-inch “everything” pan, with lid.
* Hot handles can be a real concern with stainless steel cookware sets, so you should look for handles that are encased in soft silicone. This gives you a better grip on the handles, while minimizing the risks of burns. Even with cookware sets that are acceptable for induction stoves, this is still a concern. Our example, the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Stainless-Steel Cookware Set includes this feature and it is rated safe for induction stove cooking.
* Pricing can be a concern, but most reputable manufacturers will offer a superior quality set of pots and pans at prices that are affordable. You should be able to find stainless steel cookware sets like the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Stainless-Steel Cookware Set, for around $ 300.
* You shouldn’t use metal utensils on non-stick surfaces, but complete stainless steel pans are prone to sticking. If you are looking for nonstick, gourmet stainless steel cookware sets, you should be prepared to purchase plastic spoons and spatulas, but most non-stick surfaces start to show signs of wear after a couple years. There are some models that feature non-stick surfaces made from newer materials. Be aware that stainless steel cookware sets are a “lifetime” purchase, but non-stick surfaces don’t last as long, especially without proper care.
These are just a few helpful tips to consider, when you are looking to purchase gourmet-quality, stainless steel cookware sets. By using these helpful tips, you can make a sound investment in pots and pans that will last you a long time, while offering you better cooking results and easier clean-up.
Cookware Amazon products you should keep an eye on:
The kitchens of France were the inspiration behind the elegant Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Cookware Collection. Chef’s Clas…
Enjoy reliable cooking performance with T-fal Ultimate hard-anodized nonstick cookware. Its innovative Thermo-Spot heat indicator …
14×6.5cm saucepan with glass lid capacity: 1.1 QT, 16x7cm saucepan with glass lid capacity: 1.5 QT, 18x8cm saucepan with glass lid…