The Classic cutlery line bears all the traits that Wüsthof knives are known for: impeccable construction, incredible sharpness, and long-lasting durability. Each Classic knife is precision-forged–blade, bolster, and tang–from a single piece of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel. The blade is tested by lasers and honed by hand, with computer-controlled front-to-back tapering, grinding, and polishing. A visible full tang–the blade’s shaft runs the entire length of the handle–ensures excellent balance and strength. Classic handles are molded from a durable black synthetic called Hostaform-C with traditional triple riveting. The knives promise a lifetime of hard-working companionship in the kitchen. This Wüsthof Classic 8 piece block set is a great way to jumpstart your cutlery collection or begin overhauling your old set of knives. Designed to meet the most popular cutting demands, the set includes an 8″ Cooks knife for chopping, and a 3-1/2-inch paring knife for coring, trimming, and peeling, 4.5″ Utility knife for slicing and peeling. This sets also includes a 8″ bread knife, 6″ sandwich knife, kitchen shears. Wusthof also includes a 9-inch sharpening steel and an attractive oak block with a total of 17 slots so you can add specialty knives or your old favorites. Classic knives, though safe in the dishwasher, should be washed by hand for best results.
- Includes chef’s, paring, utility, bread, and sandwich knives; kitchen shears; sharpening steel, and oak block
- Blades formed with perfect balance of high-carbon steel and stain-resistant alloy
- Blade ground and polished for perfect tapering; hand-honed edge for precision slicing
- Sturdy feel achieved by weighted bolster; synthetic handle secured with three rivets
- Lifetime warranty; hand washing recommended